Claudio Ranieri: ‘I was rejected by TWO Premier League clubs before I took the Leicester job’

Premier League-winning manager Claudio Ranieri has revealed two English clubs snubbed him before he took over at Leicester City.
The Italian was put in charge of the Foxes back in July 2015 and he has since gone on to enjoy a magical first season, guiding the 5000/1 outsiders to the Premier League title.
Ranieri has now revealed, however, that he held talks with two other Premier League clubs before moving to the King Power Stadium - but neither wanted to appoint him.
"Two other Premier clubs had contacted me, but then they made other choices," Ranieri told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Leicester convinced me because of their sense of leadership, their programs, and their facilities. They are perfectly organised.
"I was happy when I was called to go to England. I wanted to go back so bad, that I would have accepted a team from the Championship."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.