J.KOBI TALKS MARRIAGE, HIP HOP AND NOOBVEE'S BEEF

J.Kobi real name Jacob Imande is one of Benue’s greatest and finest rappers of all time and the self-acclaimed king of contemporary Hip Hop music also known as “Trap” in Benue and MiddleBelt at Large.
This gifted young man is endowed with microphone skills and there is hardly any rapper around here that can mock or murder him on a jam. He used to go by the name “Slave Chizzy” until recently he changed his stage name to J.Kobi.

When he was Slavechizzy, he jumped on various cyfers and mixtapes including, BSU Cypher, Organoise Cyfer, Greatest in Benue Da Massacre Cypher, Flight Mode Cypher, Easy Gist Cypher, Tiv Cycher etcetera etcetera. And has collaborated with Blackface of plaintasun Boiz, Krispins, Jiggidu, Beat Sleenga, A.J Natives, Vinci Quest, King Souls, King Nyama, Wanamase, Danni Vembs, Slowings, Donbounce, Georgenize, Fricky Sticky and others. This lyrical word Lord seem to be the most collaborated and most controversial rapper in Benue. As a graduate of Mass Communication  at the prestigious Benue State University Makurdi, he has worked as on air personality with Radio Benue FM and Harvest FM.

Jacob Imande has a found a wife and is getting married  on the 8th of July 2017. 


Out Artiste corner had a little chat with him about the rumoured beef with Noobvee and marriage.
Bloger:     Good to see you. How are you doing, Kobi?
Kobi:       Am ok and good to be with you.
Blogger:   Word on the street has it that you getting married?
Kobi:       Hmmmh, street is always talking even when one wants to keep it on a low. If the street said so, so  it is.
Blogger:   So who’s this lucky girl you are getting married too?
Kobi:       Her name is Jennifer Ihyagh. She is a final year student of Philosophy at BSU and she is beautiful Tiv woman from Makurdi L.G.A.
Blogger:   So how do you feel now that you are about to settle down?
Kobi:       I feel delighted, have never felt this blessed all my life, though its not an easy task to handle but I  know by the God’s Grace I will pull through.
Blogger:  When is your traditional marriage coming up and where?
Kobi:      The traditional marriage is coming up on the 8th of July, 2017 at Rice Mill Junction, close to Endtime Churhc,Egume street, Wadata Makurdi, Benue State. Time is 2pm.
Blogger:  How are you going to combine family and music?
Kobi:      Music to me is not an occupation, it’s a hobby. So I believe I can run around doing my thing catering for my family and when I am free, I can jump on beats and drop bangers as usual. Family is first to me. Family is everything no matter how busy I am I cannot neglect my family. Its my responsibility to take good care of them.
Blogger:  Have you dropped any song recently?
Kobi:      Actually am working on dropping a song on my traditional marriage day.it is called Ikaamase, a clap back to Noobvee’s Kanase .

Blogger:  Why Noobvee’s Kanase?
Kobi:      Noobvee dropped a song recently called Kanase and he mentioned a line I dropped in Tor Godobi, if you listen closely you will discover kanase is a reply to Tor Godobi.
Blogger.  I hope its not an unhealthy beef the kind of Biggie and Tupac?
Kobi:      No, no, no. Noobvee is fam’ and I see him as younger brother and we going to do everything possible to keep it healthy, only lyrical. You know I gave him space to shine but looks like doesn’t want to do it alone. So lets have some fun. Thanks, Noob for putting me back on the map. Hahahaha.
Blogger:  What advice would you give to young people going into marriage?
Kobi:       Love and trust your partner. God should always be centre, like they say a family that prays together, stays together. And never forget, communication is key.
Blogger:  Good to have you on our blog, do you have any shout outs?
Kobi:      Yeah, my shout out to AOBA (Aliade Old Boys Association) set 2003, Qmatrix, Danni Vembs, Traitor, VJ Buck, Georgenize, AJ natives, JQ,Igoda EM and MC Barrywhite. Finally to wife to be Ifa Mngoholihagh Kasev kyundu u Asor Imande, I love you, sunshine.

You can contact J.Kobi on the following social media handles
Facebook: Jkobi Aor Imande
Whatsapp: 08104736262
Twitter:  kobi-intl
Instagram: kobiworldwide


1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.