House Wife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Birth

House Wife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After
Childbirth

An interview with Jeezitainment granted to MATHEW DIKE recounts the tragic end of late MrsTheresa Ode, a woman snatched from her husband by a local government chairman, who got her impregnated and abandoned
her to die in a Lagos hospital during childbirth.If Joseph Ode’s emotional travails are limited only to his wife being snatched by a randy politician, it wouldn’t have been too tragic loss for him to bear. But the bereaved General Editor at NewswatchMagazine is currently in a state of mourning. Not only was his wife, Mrs Theresa Ode, taken from him by a former council chairman of Oju local government council in Benue State, Mr Bright Ogaji. After being impregnated by the council boss, Theresa died on her delivery bed, while giving birth on April 3.This is one among many unreported cases of affluent politicians,who under the lure of the forbidden fruit, use ill-gotten wealth from the public tilt to seduce vulnerable wives of ordinary citizens. Like the biblical David who snatched Uriah’s wife and eventually plotted the cold-blooded murder of the faithful and true soldier at his duty post, such human predators, whose past time is covetousness,abound in the society despite the warning of the tenth commandment that “thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife and property”When Theresa got married to Mr Ode, a senior journalist, there was jubilation. People regarded them as models in their localcommunity, Oju, in Benue State, especially after Ode sent his wife to the Lagos State University (LASU) where she graduated with flying colours from the Accounting department.
With God by her side, she became a banker, while her husband believed that the sky was her limit. Theresa was the love of her husband’s life and he did everything to make her happy – cash gift, petting – just name it!They were still enveloped in their love, even after three children before the devil came in the form of politics, using the ex- local government chairman of Oju council, Ogaji, to achieve his goal of destroying a once happy and progressing marriage.Jeezitainment... gathered that Ode had contested the Benue State House of Assembly election, but unfortunately luck ran out
on him and he lost the election. All hope was not lost as he was compensated with the position of a media aide to the then governor, Gabriel Suswam. His wife, Theresa was said to have
resigned from her banking job.Ode said he loved his party and party men, and so he was one of
Ogaji’s political ally and staunch supporter when he was vying for the chairmanship position of their local government in 2011. He said he assisted him enough till victory became his. While Ode was busy assisting Ogaji during his campaign, he never had the premonition that Ogaji was nursing plans to snatch his wife in
‘swagger bravado’ if he succeeded as the chairman.The devil perfected his homework against Ode when Ogaji won the council poll. Since then, the council boss allegedly started mapping out a strategy to make the woman dump her husband for him. He eventually did. After renting a 2-bedroom flat for Theresa
and the children, he got her impregnated. But she gave birth to a baby boy who never tasted her mother’s breast milk. Theresa died immediately after she was delivered of the child.
The Game Plan Ode recounted how Ogaji called him and informed him that he was giving him a slot to nominate any woman of his choice to occupy the position of technical chairman of the local government. He said he did not envisage Ogaji had plotted a plan to use the slot and cause a problem between him and his wife.
Ogaji was said to have called Theresa and inform her that he told her husband to nominate a woman that would occupy a juicyposition in the council, but instead of bringing her, Ode presented another woman’s name to him. Ode said that was the point things started falling apart between him and his wife. This, he said, led to
the council boss eloping with the woman and his three children.Ogaji went ahead to impersonate Ode, using his name to rent a flat at 16, Jimmy Oyebanjo Street, Abule- Egba, in Lagos State for his
wife.Ode’s story Narrating his ordeal, Ode said, “In 2012, my wife’s character
changed. She behaved very strangely to me. Her statements made me be convinced that something wrong was happening. She unusually became so arrogant. She would not do what I ask her to
do. The relationship deteriorated. That was how we started having issues on daily basis. When I went for an operation after I had an accident, she was visiting but, in some cases, quarrelling with me
in the hospital.“I spent 2014 in a hospital in Jos. I told her that the two families- I
mean my family and her own family- would come and reconcile us.They came; even her uncle who lives in Lagos, Tony Iji, was among those that came. That was the day they were holding an election in April. She packed her belongings and left my house in Makurdi. She moved to the house she was building in Makurdi.
After packing out of my house, I saw her three times and we talked about my children that she eloped with and other issues.“I was always going to school to see my children. One day I went to school, as usual, to see them,only for me to learn that the children travelled. They said my children did not return to school after Christmas. I was ordered. Some people would tell me that she called them that she was in Ghana. I was shocked to hear that mywife died in a hospital on Sunday, April 3, in Lagos. They said she
died after giving birth in a hospital.
“From my own understanding, she must have been charmed by
that dubious man, Ogaji. He must have lured her with money and
position. I’m not ruling out diabolical means. I cannot rule out
money. Let me tell you how the former Oju local government
chairman, Bright Ogaji, caused a problem in my family. Ogaji told
me to submit the name of any woman that will occupy the position
of technical chairman. I submitted another woman’s name as he
did not give time to do a consultation. When I gave him the name,
he asked after my wife.
“We were in the same party. and I was his supporter. That was
why he called me to nominate somebody for an appointment. After
that, he promised my wife something bigger. He promised her
technical chairman when it was time to decide or approve. During
one of our festival, my wife told me that he has given her a
contract to bring actors popularly known as Aki and Pawpaw to the
community during the festival. I asked her how much was
approved. She did not respond. I began to wonder how much the
local government approved for the festival. My wife is not a
politician. They probably promised her she would be very rich”.
Commenting further on the betrayal, heartbroken Ode said, “It is
typical of him (Ogaji). No good man can treat his political ally like
that. No honest person can do that. He is a dubious person. He
took away my wife and children to suffer them. It is difficult to
describe how I feel- feeling of betrayal and pain in my heart.
“I believe my wife was not in control of herself. I feel sad for such
callous people. I feel sad that my children were moved from one
place to another. I want God to take control of the situation. Let
Him handle him for what he has done”.
The suspect, Ogaji’s Reaction
When contacted, Ogaji who spoke to LEADERSHIP Weekend on the
phone said, “The issue is very risky to comment on. The issue is a
very sensitive matter because life is involved. I don’t want to make
a comment because I don’t want to be misquoted. So, no
comment”.
The Late Theresa’s Landlord Speaks

No comments

Powered by Blogger.